Access to information is an essential part within the learning process of students. The college boosts a well stocked library with relevant literature and books in Lao, and partly in Thai or English language. Information on the internet can be accessed through library computers.
Books and material available at the library include technical literature related to the study contents, previous students’ final thesis, handbooks for each module of the curriculum, English language self-learning material, dictionaries, computer skills books, business development guides, general knowledge books for example about Lao history and culture, or policies, laws, and government strategic plans related to agriculture and other relevant topics such as environment, trade, commerce, etc.
Library Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday 8.30 to 11.30 and 13.30 to 16.30
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 19:00 to 21:00
Career Counselling Unit
The Career Counselling Unit helps students with the successful transition from studies to a professional career. The members of this Unit are available to all students and provide free counselling to better understand the various pathways to employment including working in public and private sectors, or self-employment.
The goal is to showcase the diversity of different options and to help the students to make well informed choices for choosing their future career path. The team also offers short extra-curricular training sessions and organises events related to employment.
- Personal Career Counselling Sessions
- Individual checking and feedback on student’s application documents
- Trial Job Interviews
- Training session: Understanding the employment market and sources for job vacancies
- Training session: Developing good application documents
- Training session: Tips and Tricks for a successful job interview
- Training session: Basic elements for setting up a own small business